Have you ever wondered about whether you can bring your pet on the A-train? Have you ever needed to know about long-term parking options at the DDTC? Now you can #AskDCTA! In our new monthly blog series, our customer service team will be answering frequently-asked rider questions to better engage with our riders and improve their experience when riding DCTA.
For the month of May, Rusty Comer – Senior Public Information Specialist and marketing liaison for DCTA’s customer service team – gave us some insight on what fare passengers should purchase based on the service they want to utilize!
- What are the main types of fares riders purchase?
DCTA has various fare options for passengers to choose from for their travels. Some of the commonly used fare types include:
Connect Fares – valid on Denton and Lewisville Connect Buses, Highland Village Connect Shuttle and University of North Texas (UNT) Campus Shuttles.
Local System Fares – valid on the A-train, Connect Bus, Highland Village Connect Shuttle, Highland Village Community On-Demand, North Texas Xpress (between Denton and Alliance), UNT Campus Shuttle, and NCTC Campus Shuttle. Excludes Access and Frisco Demand-Response services.
Regional Fares – valid on the A-train, Connect Bus, Highland Village Connect Shuttle, Highland Village Community On-Demand, North Texas Xpress (between Denton and Alliance), UNT Campus Shuttle, and NCTC Campus Shuttle. Required for trips taken outside of the DCTA service area. Includes access to fixed-route bus and rail services operated by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), Trinity Railway Express (TRE) and Fort Worth Transportation Authority (FWTA). Excludes Access service, Frisco Demand-Response service as well as DART and FWTA’s paratransit services.
For more information on all our our fare, visit www.dcta.net/fare-information.
- Where can I purchase fare?
Riders can purchase fare at the following locations:
- Online Store – purchase your fare on DCTA’s online store
- GoPass℠ – purchase your fare on your mobile phone
- Ticket Outlet Locations – purchase your fare at the following locations:
- Euline Brock Downtown Denton Transit Center
- Lewisville City Hall
- Highland Village City Hall
- Onboard select DCTA Connect buses (exact cash fare only)
- Ticket Vending Machines at any A-train station
Please remember that not all fare types are available at all locations.
- Is there an easy way for me to see what types of fare are applicable for various DCTA services?
You’re in luck! We’ve put together a fare table that features our services with accompanying valid fare for each one.
Hope Rusty helped answer all of your questions about the types of fare you need for each service! Have another question you want our customer service team to answer? Here’s how you can submit them:
- Send your feedback via our GORequest online customer service tool and choose the menu option “#AskDCTA Series”
- Post your question on our Twitter or Facebook page (be sure to use #AskDCTA)
- Drop a note in the comments section on our Hop on Board blog.
While we can’t guarantee that every question submitted will be answered, we will consider all inquiries and will feature questions that will greatly benefit the majority of our riders.