Looking for something to do locally this weekend? Here are some ideas:
- The Thin Line Festival will be all over Denton, with documentaries and other short films being shown at the Campus Theater and music performances at Hailey’s and Dan’s Silver Leaf both Friday and Saturday night. For more information, including how to purchase tickets, go to their website. The Campus Theater is accessible by Connect Routes 7 and 8. Hailey’s is a block from Connect Routes 6, 7 and 8. Dan’s Silver Leaf is just a short walk from the Downtown Denton Transit Center.
- Cellist Sai Sai Ding will perform Friday at 7:30 p.m. as soloist with the Lewisville Lake Symphony at the MCL Grand. Tickets are available here. The MCL Grand is on Connect Route 23.
- There will be live jazz at Banter on Friday from 5-6 p.m. Banter is located on Oak Street in Denton and is on Connect Routes 7 and 8.
- There will be a benefit concert on Saturday at 7 p.m. featuring the Dallas-based men’s chorus Vocal Majority. Tickets can be purchased here. This concert will be at the Lewisville High School Leo Stuver Auditorium, which is accessible by Connect Route 22.
- Grey Gardens: the Musical will be showing at the Greater Lewisville Community Theater. For performance and ticket information, see their website. The Greater Lewisville Community Theater is on Connect Route 23.
- Vincent Falsetta will have his work shown in the UNT on the Square gallery during the entire month of February. The gallery is free to the public and is just off Connect Routes 7 and 8.
- There will be a Steampunk Art exhibit at the MCL Grand through February 21 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. each day, put on by the Visual Art League of Lewisville. The MCL Grand is on Connect Route 23.
- There are two opportunities to see the North Texas women’s basketball team. They will face off against Florida Atlantic Thursday night at 7 p.m. and FIU on Saturday at 4 p.m.. For ticket information, see their website. The Super Pit is accessible by Connect Route 8.
- The Texas Woman’s University gymnastics team will face off against Centernary Saturday at 6 p.m. For more information, see their website. The meet is at the Kitty Magee Arena just off Connect Routes 4 and 5.