The weather is finally warming up, so it’s time to get out of the house for some fun! Don’t miss out on all of the great activities happening this month in Denton County.
- The Wedding Singer (Weekend evenings from May 1-10 at the Campus Theatre) – from the Musical Theatre of Denton: “It’s 1985 and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart is New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer. He’s the life of the party, until his own fiancee leaves him at the altar.” The Campus Theatre is accessible by Denton Connect Routes 7 and 8.
- The Understudy (Weekend evenings from May 1-17 at the Greater Lewisville Community Theater.) From the Greater Lewisville Community Theater: “Creator of TV’s ‘Smash’, Theresa Rebeck takes us backstage and into the current phenomenon of stunt casting. That occurs when well-known stars are cast in roles over less well-known, but frequently more talented, stage actors.” The Greater Lewisville Community Theater is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.
- Denton Cinco de Mayo (May 2, 10 a.m – 6 p.m. at the Civic Center) – this event celebrates diversity and features family-friend activities for the entire family, including a parade, food and entertainment and the Little Miss Cinco de Mayo pageant! The Denton Civic Center is accessible by Denton Connect Routes 4 and 5.
- Chalk this Way (May 9, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at the MCL Grand) – check out the professional sidewalk art and hear some great music! Don’t forget to bring your dog, as the festival will feature a pet parade this year. The MCL Grand is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.
- Twilight Tunes (every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. on the Denton Square) – stop by the Denton Courthouse Square for live music every week (weather permitting). The Denton Square is accessible by Connect Routes 7, 8 and 9.
- Texas Tunes concert (May 23, 8 p.m., at the MCL Grand) – this music series features throughout the state who present great music in a variety of genres, but with that Texas. The MCL Grand is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.