With the official start to summer comes many fun events! These events happening around Denton County give something for everyone to do in June!
- Les Miserables (June 19-21 at the MCL Grand) – come see one of the famous musicals in the world, telling the story of Jean Valjean, presented by the Grapevine-based OhLook Performing Arts Center. The MCL Grand is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.
- Juneteenth (June 19, 5 p.m., at Fred Moore Park) – join us as we celebrate this historic and oldest known celebration commemorating the end of slavery in America. Fred Moore Park is accessible by Denton Connect Route 2.
- Texas Comic Fest (June 13, 11 a.m., at the Lewisville Premier Event Center) – this festival will feature creators from the comic and animation industries, including actors from such TV shows as Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead. The Premier Event Center is accessible by Lewisville Connect Routes 21, 22 and 23.
- Best Little Brewfest in Texas (June 20, at Old Town Lewisville) – come sample craft brews from all over the state of Texas! This event benefits the Alzheimer Association and other funds go to teen suicide prevention. Old Town Lewisville is near the Old Town A-train station and is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.
- Sounds of Lewisville (Every Tuesday, 7 p.m., at the MCL Grand) – this weekly music series runs in June and July and features a variety of acts from across the state. The MCL Grand is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.
- Texas Tunes concert (June 13, 8 p.m., at the MCL Grand) – this music series features throughout the state who present great music in a variety of genres, but with that Texas flair. The MCL Grand is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 23.