It’s the last vestige of summer, so it’s time to get in a few last-minute outings before school starts! August has a lot to offer for events around Denton County, including music, fun outdoor activities and several large craft fairs.
- Gustavo Romero faculty recital (August 27, 29, 31, 8 p.m. Voertman Hall, UNT) – come hear this Julliard-trained pianist perform works from Franz Schubert and other Viennese composers. Voertman Hall is a one-block walk from UNT Shuttle Route Mean Green or a two-block walk from Denton Connect Route 8.
- Big Book Sale (August 8 at the Denton Public Library North Branch) – need to stock up on reading for the year? Make it out to the Denton Public Library Big Book Sale, where most books are a dollar or less! The Denton Public Library North Branch is accessible by Denton Connect Route 5.
- Lewisville Summer Market (August 8 at the Premier Event Center) – billed as “a unique blend of original arts and crafts, gifts, product lines, edibles and more” this event should work right into your Back to School shopping needs! The Premier Event Center is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 21.
- Premier Gun Show (August 15 at the Premier Event Center) – with over 400 tables of guns, knives, ammunition and other supplies, gun enthusiasts won’t want to miss this event! There are opportunities for buy, sale and trade at this show. The Premier Event Center is accessible by Lewisville Connect Route 21.
- North Texas Fair and Rodeo (August 21-29) – grab your cowboy hat and bring the kids out for some family fun! The North Texas Fair is once again upon us. With rodeos, live music and parades, there’s something for everyone. The fair parade route is accessible by Denton Connect Routes 6, 7 and 8 and the fairgrounds are a one-block walk from Denton Connect Route 6.