We recently hosted a public meeting on behalf of the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (FWTA) discussing proposed express route bus service between downtown Fort Worth and Denton, which is slated to launch in September. If you weren’t able to attend the meeting, no worries – we’ve got you covered!
Here are the top five things you should now about the proposed I-35W express route bus service:
- Service Time: Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Service Frequency: Every three hours
- Amount of Stops: There are eight proposed stops –
- Three stops in Denton
- One intermediate stop at FWTA North Park and Ride lot (along I-35W)
- Four stops in Fort Worth
- Potential Denton Connections: Listed below are the possible connections for other DCTA services and Denton locations –
- University of North Texas Campus Shuttles
- DCTA Connect Route 6 to Texas Woman’s University
- DCTA Connect Route 7 to the Euline Brock Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC)
- Parking for commuters at Apogee Stadium
- Potential Fort Worth Connections: Listed below are the possible connections for other FWTA services and Fort Worth locations –
- Intermodal Transportation Center, Trinity Rail Express (TRE)
- FWTA Routes 1-17, 46, 57, 60-66, Molly & Spur
- FWTA Route 2 to UNT Health Science Center
Want more detailed information on the proposed service? Check out FWTA’s short presentation:
If you weren’t able to attend the public meeting but still want to provide your feedback, call FWTA’s hotline at 817.215.8793 or send an email to Tboard@fwta.org by Friday, June 17 at 5 p.m.