Hello, 2021! We have some big hopes for the New Year – health, new habits, goals and resolutions. These things are always on my mind when the New Year rolls around. As we shut the heavy door on 2020, I am beyond hopeful and excited about a fresh start in 2021. As part of my preparation for the New Year, I always make a list of things I want to do. As one of your resident transit enthusiasts, I want to encourage you to include riding transit more often in your 2021 resolution list-making. I have conveniently created a list of ways to increase your use of DCTA in the new year!
From the DCTA Team, here are five ways you can use transit more in 2021:
- Get your romance on with a date night on our A-train! The A-train is a great alternative to driving, and you can both enjoy the sunset over the Lewisville Lake bridge. To plan your date night, start with your destination in mind. Maybe your date night will include dinner in Denton or in historic downtown Carrollton. You can use the GoPass® app, loaded with amazing features like integrated maps, reload with cash and more – no need for credit/debit card to simplify your next trip! Also available is real-time trip planning with the Transit Tracker app. DCTA’s Transit Tracker is a vehicle tracking system that provides passengers with access to real-time information for the DCTA A-train, fixed-route bus and shuttle services. Passengers can track vehicles via phone, online, text and free mobile application.
- In 2021, you can ride DCTA to have a day of culture. I like to ride DCTA from Old Town Lewisville and transfer to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Green Line to visit the Nasher Sculpture Center and Klyde Warren Park. I always enjoy the sculpture garden and exhibits at the Nasher. After my museum visit, I take a quick walk to Klyde Warren Park to enjoy the food trucks and sit on the lawn. Experience the wonderful arts culture in Dallas in 2021 safely and use public transit to get there!
- Planning to travel out of Dallas-Love Field in 2021? Save the hassle of driving to the airport, traffic and parking. When I fly out of Dallas-Love Field, I take the DCTA A-train to the DART Green Line and transfer. From there, I ride DART to the Inwood/Love Field Station and then take the Love Link 524 that takes me directly to the terminal. Easy-peasy!
Traveling to DFW International Airport is just as easy using public transit. You can take the A-train to the DART Green Line. Then transfer to the DART Orange Line and get straight to Terminal A. I encourage you to try this in 2021. It’s very relaxing, and I consider it the beginning of my wind-down process for my travels.
- Our completed A-train Rail Trail is now a year old! Enjoy walking or biking on our 19-mile rail trail. Access to the rail trail is available from our five A-train stations (from north to south)
- Downtown Denton Transit Center (604 E. Hickory St. Denton)
- MedPark station (3220 MedPark Dr., Denton)
- Highland Village/Lewisville Lake station (2998 N. Stemmons Freeway, Lewisville)
- Old Town station (617 E. Main St., Lewisville)
- Hebron station (952 Lakeside Circle, Lewisville)
Learn more about our A-train Rail Trail on our Hop on Board blog.
5. Last but not least- try one of our on-demand services. What’s an on-demand service you ask? This is a mobility option to help you get to your destination! You can schedule a ride from the app or by phone and DCTA will pick you up and drop you off where they need to go. The details of the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) Evening On-demand Zone can be found here. Other options for on-demand service include the Lewisville Lakeway Zone.
2021, you are a welcome sight! We are counting on the new habits and good health you will bring. That includes all the positive outcomes that public transit provides for us:
1. Helps the environment
2. Reduces traffic congestions
3. Safer than driving
4. Saves you money!
Include riding transit in your 2021 resolutions and join us in the pursuit of becoming a transit enthusiast! Tell us how you will use transit in 2021 in the comment section below.